[Infowarrior] - Auto-Immune War

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jun 9 12:28:14 UTC 2009

Accidental Guerrilla: Part 1, Theoretical Framework
http://yorksranter.wordpress.com/2009/06/07/accidental-guerrilla-part-1-theoretical-framework/

Accidental Guerrilla; Part 2, Strategy
http://yorksranter.wordpress.com/2009/06/07/accidential-guerrilla-part-2-strategy/

"The reason why biology should get dragged in here is that we are to
be destroyed by the over-reaction of our own security system, just as
auto-immune diseases turn the immune system on the body. This is a
crucial concept, and it is one whose implications cascade through all
kinds of other problems, from grand strategy down to airport security
measures.

Specifically, auto-immune war is a strategy, but its tactical
implementation is the creation of false positive responses. Security
obsession gums up the economy with inefficiencies. Terrorism
terrorises the public; security theatre keeps them that way. As
Kilcullen points out, every day, millions of travellers are
systematically reminded of terrorism by government security
precautions. Profiling measures subject entire communities to
indignity and waste endless hours of police time. Vast sums of money
are spent on counterproductive equipment programs and unlikely techno-
fixes. National identity cards and monster databases are the specific
symptoms of this pathology in the UK, just as idiotic militarism is in
the US."