[Infowarrior] - Free concert tix for military personnel

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jul 20 13:14:43 UTC 2009

http://ravendrumfoundation.org/news-events/free-dl-tickets-for-veterans.html

Free Def Leppard tickets for military personnel and veterans
7/2/2009 8:16:25 PM | RavenDrumFoundation.org.com
Def Leppard & Raven Drum Foundation Offer Active and Veteran Military
Personnel Free Concert Tickets to Their 2009 Summer Tour

Def Leppard and Raven Drum Foundation announced today that they will
be celebrating America\s military veterans with the gift of music -
free tickets to Def Leppard Summer 2009 concert dates! The offering is
intended to thank these heroes in a meaningful way for their service.
In a time where families are unsure of their personal and professional
stability, many of our heroes are coming home to families that are
suffering in the wake of a turbulent economy and these families are
often forced into a position of having to do more with less,
eliminating the opportunity for a night out for an important, bonding
entertainment experience.

Def Leppard's involvement did not come by chance: "It came through a
desire to give something back and what better way to honor these
heroes than with a night of music," said Def Leppard drummer and Raven
Drum Foundation founder Rick Allen. "Our mission with Raven Drum
Foundation is to serve, educate and empower veterans and people in
crisis through the power of the drum, and music is just one of the
tools we use to promote healing. It is so exciting to have my band,
family and so many others contributing to this effort; it is a
significant part of who I am as a person. To have this moment means a
great deal in ways I cannot measure. And I thank everyone involved,
especially the veterans."

Military personnel and veterans with a military ID are eligible to
receive 2 tickets to one Def Leppard show. Tickets are available on a
first come, first serve basis through www.ravendrumfoundation.org.
Raven Drum Foundation's partners, Wounded Warrior Project and Salute
America's Heroes will handle the distribution of the tickets.

For more information on the Raven Drum Foundation, visit their website
at www.ravendrumfoundation.org.