[Infowarrior] - Wal-Mart Twitter Policy

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Jul 9 12:42:23 UTC 2009

Wal-Mart's Twitter Account Comes with a 3,379-word Terms of Use
Agreement
Posted by Xeni Jardin, July 8, 2009 8:24 PM |

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/07/08/wal-marts-twitter-ac.html

Only lawyers, EULA collectors and legal obsessives will find this
funny, but it cracked me up: care to access the 140-character pearls
of wisdom streaming forth from Wal-Mart's Twitter account? Well, first
you have to agree to the 3,379-word Terms of Use agreement that comes
with it. I know, I know, a lot of big corporate entities on social
networking sites likely put forth equally verbose TOUs, but -- a
"Twitter Discussion Policy"? Awesome overkill. It all starts here.
(via @zephoria)