[Infowarrior] - RIAA layoffs

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Feb 28 21:26:53 UTC 2009

My heart bleeds for them......*not*      --rf

RIAA Staff Cuts May Be Far Deeper Than Reported

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2009/02/is-the-.html

RUMORS There is no doubt that major staff reductions and changes are
underway at the RIAA. But one seemingly knowledgeable but unconfirmed
source tells Hypebot that the cuts run much deeper than previously
reported.

RIAA "It is about 90-100+ people across the US and global offices -
anti-piracy, coordinated IFPI/BPI etc - trust me it's a bloodbath...

(Major label heads) Hands, Morris are squeezing the ____ out of these
guys after the ISP failure and a major budget cut. (The) RIAA as you
know it is probably history by Tuesday of next week, a formal
announcement is being drafted for drop next week.

The new group is a aggregate of IFPI + remaining pieces of BPI + RIAA
- (a) new leaner, coordinated group...DC offices are getting closed
except for one part of one floor on Conn. Ave., just for the address."

Hypebot has asked the RIAA to comment. Readers please send info on the
layoffs privately to hypebot(at)skylineonline(dot)com.