[Infowarrior] - Wikileaks Funding Request

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Feb 17 12:11:23 UTC 2009

Wikileaks has no formal funding until late in the year.

Help us urgently raise $80k to cover expenses over the next three
months or our primary operations will shutdown.  The mission is too
important to allow this--every day people count on us in a way that
is really quite extraordinary.

Wikileaks' reputation for unbowed defence of both human rights
principles and people continues to win accolades, but these prizes,
as nice as they are, do not pay the bills (if you are aware of some
that do, please nominate us for them).

Making matters more demanding, this week saw the commencement of a
spectacular three week trial in Stockholm of two of our technical
people by the US recording industry on an indirectly related matter;
PRQ founders also host the censorship resistant file-sharing site,
the Pirate Bay, on which we released the recent Congressional
Research Reports collection, for example.

Husband and wife volunteers, Jim and Jennifer McCain have prepared
the following helpful pledge and flyers, thanks to the UK based My
Society. Feel free to roll your own and spread the word in your own
special way:

http://pledgebank.com/save-wl

See also:

https://secure.wikileaks.org/