[Infowarrior] - TSA Observation/Question

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Dec 28 02:11:49 UTC 2009

A question regarding the current airline security sideshow:

Does anyone else think it odd/interesting that DHS and TSA is bending
over backwards to say - as frequently as possible -- that "Passengers
should not expect to see the same thing at every airport" in regard to
the 'enhanced security' measures put into place this week?  This seems
to be Talking Point #1 over the past 24 hours or so.

On one level a degree of variance is a good thing from a security
perspective, I realize that.  However, with the frequency this
statement is being propagated in the media, it makes me wonder if this
isn't also a vague way of covering the agency in the event of future
terrorism attempts that get discovered in-progress like the one this
week, or is invoked to make it harder to develop appropriate measures
of accountability for their activities by responsible entities.

At the risk of sounding conspiratorial, in light of this soundbyte
being used so much in the past day or so, and given this
adminisration's infatuation with its branding and marketing, I can't
help but wonder.....

Just musing out loud,

-rick
infowarrior.org