[Infowarrior] - Revised Screening Policies

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Dec 26 22:38:43 UTC 2009

Interestingly, the websites of the following carriers (Singapore,
Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, KLM, Delta, United,American) all
talk about "enhanced screening" and other security measures about
entering the secure area, warning of delayed boarding times, and so
forth.   It appears these 'enhancements' are for flights coming into
the USA, although I wager domestic flights will be disrupted in the
name of Making America Feel Safe(tm) as well.

Interestingly, or apparently, Air Canada has revised their statements
-- their website as of 1730 ET no longer mentions anything about
"sitting for the final hour" that we saw earlier today.   For all we
know, that was just TSA being over-protective in their recommendations
to foreign carriers.

That said,  Bruce S. just told me he flew domestically and didn't see
anything differently.

More to follow...

-rf