[Infowarrior] - Two questions

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Sep 14 18:21:53 UTC 2008

a)  What is the deal with these Microsoft tv commercials with Bill
Gates and Jerry Seinfeld?   Does anyone understand WHAT they're trying
to convey or communicate to viewers, customers, users, or potential
customers? Yes, these ads  are quite Seinfeldian in that they're
commercials "about nothing" ... but am I alone in scratching my head
over their meaning or strategy as advertisements?  IMHO they're an
insult to Seinfeld fans!

And much more importantly ---

b)  Any thoughts or reco's on Sony or Philips LCD TVs?  (Yes, it's
getting close to upgrade time.....and while I'd love to wait until the
holidays, Costco has some real beauties @ the moment @ decent prices.)

Thx

-rf