[Infowarrior] - Grenades as WMDs ... Schneier disagrees, so do I

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Oct 1 12:53:14 UTC 2008

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/10/hand_grenades_a.html

Hand Grenades as Weapons of Mass Destruction

I get that this is terrorism:

     A 24-year-old convert to Islam has been sentenced to 35 years in
prison for plotting to set off hand grenades in a crowded shopping
mall during the Christmas season.

But I thought "weapons of mass destruction" was reserved for nuclear,
chemical, and biological weapons.

     He was arrested in 2006 on charges of scheming to use weapons of
mass destruction at the Cherryvale Mall in the northern Illinois city
of Rockford.

Like the continuing cheapening of the word "terrorism," we are now
cheapening the term "weapons of mass destruction."