[Infowarrior] - Congress to work infosec miracle?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat May 10 04:10:25 UTC 2008

So as I read this, Congress wants to *legislate down* the number of
successful network attacks.  I had no idea such promising capabilities
were available to us in defense of the Nation!   </sarcasm>

-rf

Proposed cybersecurity bill to pressure DHS
Published: 2008-05-09

Rep. Jim Langevin, D-RI, introduced a bill on Wednesday that aims to
hold the U.S. Department of Homeland Security responsible for
investigating every cyber attack and for shoring up its network
security.

The bill would better define the roles and responsibilities of the
agency's chief information officer, require that the department reduce
the number of successful attacks against its networks and mandate that
the DHS investigate the state of contractors' network security before
signing a contract with them.

< - >

The bill has been designated the Homeland Security Network Defense and
Accountability Act of 2008 (H.R. 5983).

More @   http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/736?ref=rss