[Infowarrior] - USAF: Have you seen our drone?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu May 8 00:03:21 UTC 2008

Air Force captain: Have you seen our drone?

Published: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 2:43 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 6:21 p.m.

OCALA – Air Force officials are looking for a radio-controlled
surveillance plane that disappeared Tuesday in Marion County.

According to an Ocala Police Department press release, the drone was
being used in a training exercise in a vacant field next to the
McPherson Governmental Complex on Southeast 25th Avenue when it flew
east without responding to commands.

The plane has a wingspan of about six feet but weighs just a few
pounds. The press release said it may have landed anywhere between
Southeast 25th Avenue and the Ocala National Forest area.

The Air Force did say that the unmanned aerial vehicle, or UAV, was
not equipped with a camera when it disappeared Tuesday.

Anyone who finds the plane can call Friedman at 910-382-6492.

- Joe VanHoose

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080507/NEWS/667333754/1001/NEWS01&title=Air_Force_captain__Have_you_seen_our_drone_