[Infowarrior] - Incomprehensible Earmark from Hell

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Jun 14 03:44:57 UTC 2008

This is too funny not to pass along....my first response was, "In
English, please" and then quickly followed by a realization that these
folks must be master players of bullsh--t bingo....I mean, there's
simply no other explanation!
  Where's Dilbert when you need him?  :)    --rf

(source: Cryptome)

http://www.defenselink.mil/contracts/contract.aspx?contractid=3796

Incomprehensible Earmark from Hell

June 13, 2008

American Competitiveness Institute, Philadelphia, Pa., is being
awarded a $99,999,000 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract
for the Benchmarking and Best Practices Center of Excellence.   The
purpose of this effort is to identify, validate, benchmark, and
facilitate the dissemination (sharing) of best-in-class practices,
processes, methodologies, systems, and pre-competitiveness
technologies. In doing so, enhance and promote communications,
corporation, integration, and interdependency across the defense
industry that will result in improvements in affordability and
performance of defense platforms and weapon systems. Work will be
performed in Philadelphia, Pa., and work is expected to be completed
June 2013. Contract funds will not expire at end of current fiscal
year: This contract was competitively procured under solicitation
N00014-08-R-0001. The Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Va., is the
contracting activity (N00014-08-D-0758).