[Infowarrior] - Clarification & Correction

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Jul 10 18:11:52 UTC 2008

In reference to the article  "Repression in Austria over PGP keys"
posted to infowarrior-l and other email lists yesterday, some
misguided soul thinks I penned that article and unloaded a public rant
blaming me for the article's contents.  As such, the following note
was sent to that list (Dave's IP list) and is being reposted here as
well:

"A clarification to you and your readers is called for regarding
Steven Manning's comment about an item I posted to the IP list
yesterday.  Steven apparently does not realize that I did NOT write
the article --- I made no judgment call about the content of the
article, but merely passed it along to IP as a possible item of
interest to your readers.

I resent the accusation by Steven that those are my words.  As you and
others know, were I to pen an article, it would be published under my
own name and posted on my own website -- and not through the veneer of
bloggish anonymity.  If he has problems with the article's content,
may I suggest he contact 'Anonymous' on the site cited in the article
link to voice his concerns and not blame the messenger.   Indeed, as
Steven says, homework is indispensable.

Thanks for making this known to your readers."

Cheers

-rick
infowarrior.org