[Infowarrior] - Video: Mifare RFID vulnerabilities demonstrated

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Jan 2 21:02:34 UTC 2008

(Note: I understand that Mifare RFID chips are what's being used for the
E-Passport scheme in the US and elsewhere.......video is from a presentation
at the 24th CCC event that was held in Berlin this past week.......rf)

< - snip - >

Mifare are the most widely deployed brand of secure RFID chips, but their
security relies on proprietary and secret cryptographic  primitives. We
analyzed the hardware of the Mifare tags and found weaknesses in several
parts of the ciphers.

....the link is on Google for now, but I'm sure there will be any number of
entities trying to get it removed, so for those curious, grab it now.