[Infowarrior] - The Ecofont

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Dec 17 23:49:54 UTC 2008

Ecofont

The prints we make for our 'daily use' not only use paper, but also
ink. According to SPRANQ creative communications (Utrecht, The
Netherlands) your ink cartridges could last longer. SPRANQ has
therefore developed a new font: the Ecofont.

The Ecofont is developed by SPRANQ, based on a hunch of Colin Willems.
We tried lots of possible ink-saving-options. From extra thin letters
to letters with outlines only. We have ommited various shapes: dashes,
squares, triangles and even asterisks. In the end the circle was
choosen as the best candidate for the job.

With the Ecofont SPRANQ hopes to increase environmental awareness too.
Increasing customer awareness about printing behavior: is printing
really necessary or (partly) a waste of ink and paper? We also hope to
inspire software giants and printer manufacturers to innovate in an
environmentally conscious manner.

http://www.ecofont.eu/behind_ecofont_en.html