[Infowarrior] - USAF Commercial musings

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Apr 28 17:38:11 UTC 2008

The narration from this first one (which I saw yesterday immediately
following 'Meet The Press' - an odd place for a military recruiting ad, by
the way) makes me wonder if there's a new turf war being waged between USAF
Space Command and the much-ballyhooed USAF Cyber Command over the 'assets',
not to mention 'hearts and minds' of the glamorous gee-whiz cyber-domain the
USAF is trying to assert itself in these days.

Air Force "Above All" ASAT commercial
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uk7DVpCkgwQ

And then this one makes the USAF Space Command look like an ISP tech support
center.  Huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHdjNnUclZg

And finally --- don't get me started on the "Above All" moniker the USAF now
uses everywhere as its service slogan.  Clearly they didn't consider the
uncomfortable historical significance when that term was last used in
another language back in 1940s Europe.  Very poor research, in my view. :(

-rick