[Infowarrior] - Aeryon Scout snaps stills from above

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Apr 23 12:21:58 UTC 2008

(IIRC think some Brit police units already use this thing, or something that
looks like it........rf)

Remote controlled Aeryon Scout snaps stills from above

by Darren Murph, posted Apr 23rd 2008 at 6:16AM

Though certainly not the first gizmo designed with aerial photography in
mind, the Aeryon Scout is a notch above most alternatives. The hovering
platform enables users to capture still shots and log digital video from up
above, and while it can be controlled remotely, we're also hearing that
autonomous navigation isn't totally out of reach. Currently, the device is
still looking to escape the prototype stage, but its creators are already
eying police forces, security firms and surveying / engineering businesses
in hopes of landing a few clients. Considering the stunningly high $30,000
to $50,000 price tag, we'd say they're looking in the right (read: only)
direction.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/23/remote-controlled-aeryon-scout-snaps-stil
ls-from-above/