[Infowarrior] - FW: Automatic Patch-Based Exploit Generation

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Apr 22 23:18:36 UTC 2008

(c/o RSK)

 Automatic Patch-Based Exploit Generation
 http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dbrumley/pubs/apeg.html

 "The automatic patch-based exploit generation problem is: given a
 program P and a patched version of the program P', automatically
 generate an exploit for the potentially unknown vulnerability
 present in P but fixed in P'. In this paper, we propose techniques
 for automatic patch-based exploit generation, and show that our
 techniques can automatically generate exploits for vulnerable
 programs based upon patches provided via Windows Update."