[Infowarrior] - RFI: Magicjack

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Apr 14 13:17:28 UTC 2008

Had a few readers email me questions about a VOIP USB-based dongle called
'MagicJack' that apparently is the subject of a cable-network advertising
blitz.  Anyone using this device and care to comment?

In other news, I wonder if George Lucas finally 'sold out' to cable TV --
traditionally, those rare times when his Star Wars movies ran on TV they did
so with limited, if no, commercial interruptions and was one of the few
times you didn't have a program/movie's visuals affected by the channel bug
or pop-ups.   Yet this weekend I noticed Spike-TV is running all the Star
Wars movies these days (and plans to do so frequently in the coming months)
both with commercials and channel bugs.   Lucas is richer than Avarice
already, so I wonder what influenced him to change how his movies are run on
TV?  (Yes, I have 'em on DVD......)

-rick