[Infowarrior] - Dataloss: A New Beginning

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Apr 12 03:40:24 UTC 2008

(of course not to be confused with 'Star Wars IV: A New Hope' ... Besides
Isn't April such a fun month on the Interweb?   -rf)

http://www.attrition.org/news/content/nottheend.html

A new beginning
Fri Apr 11 23:04:01 EST 2008
Lyger

First off, we would like to thank everyone who emailed us messages of
support about our decision to discontinue our Data Loss resources. So far,
we have received over 50 emails expressing gratitude, concern, and interest
in helping continue the project. To be perfectly honest, the overwhelming
offers of support have been, well, touching. We never intended for our
resources to be so widely held in regard and respected by security and
privacy professionals world-wide, and we are quite thankful for your
messages.

< - >

So, with that in mind, the staff members of Attrition.org have decided to
continue on with the Data Loss project. The Data Loss mail list, web page,
and database (DLDOS) will continue to be updated on a regular basis as new
events, information, and data come our way. We will continue looking through
news and RSS feeds every day, responding to requests for information, and
posting all of our findings to the mail list, web page, and DLDOS. From
about 6AM until midnight, Sunday through Saturday, we'll continue to provide
the most accurate and most updated information available anywhere.

Going forward, we would like to announce that we have a new partnership with
Identity-Love-Sock, a trusted provider of identity theft prevention
services. Not only can Identity-Love-Sock protect YOU from IDENTITY THEFT,
it also provides several guarantees for your PROTECTION should YOU be
affected by IDENTITY THEFT. With the services provided by Identity-Love-Sock
, YOU will NEVER have to WORRY about your IDENTITY being STOLEN, MISUSED, or
otherwise COMPROMISED. For more details on how YOU can be COVERED and
PROTECTED, please visit Identity-Love-Sock . You'll be glad you did.

Really.

< - >

http://www.attrition.org/news/content/nottheend.html