[Infowarrior] - Clarification: Rick's departure note

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Apr 1 23:40:14 UTC 2008

Hi folks --

For the record, I can confirm now that the reports of my departure from the
information security community have been greatly exaggerated.  In fact, they
weren't just exaggerated but also fabricated.  Such "news" was provided in
the spirit of  good, geeky, deviant Intertubey mischief that only happens
once a year, and I'm quietly pleased with how many folks I 'got' with this
year's prank.  :)

However, in all seriousness....please know that I am both honored and
humbled by the many notes from readers offering congratulations,
well-wishes, and support after reading or hearing about my "news" today.
While I don't go looking for kudos, I'm always humbled when receiving them,
which I embrace as support and motivation to carry forward here.  So thank
you again!

For those interested, a sampling of reader feedback can be found at the
(revised) hoax page:

http://www.infowarrior.org/update-2008/

Until later....

-rick