[Infowarrior] - More on: TSA wants to know what you're reading

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Sep 21 11:58:29 UTC 2007

Note that the last paragraph makes no reference to "possible violations of a
law associated with a traveller" WHILE FLYING.   Translation: You could be
found reading books on terrorism or drug-making at an airport and that might
"suggest" you are breaking the law somewhere, thus placing your name on a
watchlist that's impossible to get off of because some idiot TSA screener
felt what you were reading was possibly related to criminal activity.
Perhaps I'm a conspiracy theorist here, but I'm not reassured by this
official statement, and neither should you.

Hospital gowns, booties, and a pre-boarding shot of Demerol  -- it's coming
soon.  :(

Sometimes dystopic movies and literature are a sobering reflection, if not
prediction, of modern reality.

-rf

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/09/homeland-securi.html

< - >