[Infowarrior] - More TSA lunacy

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Oct 21 17:28:45 UTC 2007

Bruce Schneier notes that the TSA is apparently using "plainclothes
bomb-testers" who approach regular fliers and hand them fake bombs and ask
them to sneak them through security to test the screening process. This is a
bad idea:

    Someone please tell me this doesn't actually happen. "Hi Mr. Passenger.
I'm a TSA manager. You know I'm not lying to you because of this
official-looking laminated badge I have. We need you to help us test airport
security. Here's a 'fake' bomb that we'd like you to carry through security
in your luggage. Another TSA manager will, um, meet you at your destination.
Give the fake bomb to him when you land. And, by the way, what's your
mother's maiden name?"

    How in the world is this a good idea? And how hard is it to dress real
TSA managers up like vacationers?

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/21/tsas-crazy-screenert.html