[Infowarrior] - More on....Forbes & Digital River = Spammers

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Oct 6 15:33:52 UTC 2007

------ Forwarded Message

From: RK

FYI, Digital River have been spamming for years -- which is why I've
permanently blacklisted any domain that traces back to them.  (List
followed below.)  You and I aren't the only ones who've noticed their
activities; I've found their domains on a dozen published (public) lists,
and on several private ones.

 adpools.com
 ccnow.com
 cdrom.com
 digitalriver.com
 directresponsetech.com
 emetrix.com
 filekicker.com
 findmyorder.com
 fireclick.com
 freemerchant.com
 gamezone.com
 hotdownloads.com
 infoconamerica.com
 internetmall.com
 m-store.info
 maagnum.com
 mstore.info
 newslettersonline.com
 qwerks.com
 reg.net
 regnow.com
 regsoft.net
 safeshopper.com
 sellshareware.com
 setsystems.com
 simtel.net
 software.net
 webtycoon.com

BTW, here's a partial (and probably outdated) list-of-lists
where I've found one or more of their domains over the past several years:

    http://www.securitysage.com/files/access
    http://abuse.easynet.nl/spamlist-usage.html
    http://geocities.com/filterlists/domainnames.txt
    http://www.spambouncer.org/
    http://www.tls.cena.fr/%7Eboubaker/JunkTrap/domains.blacklist
    http://www.taz.net.au/Mail/SpamDomains
    http://www.znet.com/blocked-domains.html
    http://www.spamsites.org/checklist.txt
    http://cc-www.uia.ac.be/cc/SpamDomains

Also, some of their domains have been noted by the snort bleeding-edge
threats blackhole DNS maintainers as associated enough with spyware, see:

    http://www.bleedingsnort.com/blackhole-dns/files/

------ End of Forwarded Message