[Infowarrior] - Counterfeiting Is not Terrorism

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed May 30 18:37:58 UTC 2007

...another brillaint Bruce observation I agree with....

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/05/counterfeiting_3.html

Counterfeiting Is not Terrorism

This is a surreal story of someone who was chained up for hours for trying
to spend $2 bills. Clerks at Best Buy thought the bills were counterfeit,
and had him arrested.

The most surreal quote of the article is the last sentence:

    Commenting on the incident, Baltimore County police spokesman Bill
Toohey told the Sun: "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the
post-9/11 world."

What in the world do the terrorist attacks of 9/11 have to do with
counterfeiting? How does being "a little nervous in the post-9/11 world"
have anything to do with this incident? Counterfeiting is not terrorism; it
isn't even a little bit like terrorism.