[Infowarrior] - RIAA wins, everybody else loses

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Mar 7 20:45:07 EST 2007

------ Forwarded Message

From: DAN

At 7:28 PM -0500 3/7/07, Richard Forno wrote:

>Subject: [Infowarrior] - C-SPAN liberalizes its copyright policy

Just as this happens, the Library of Congress has decided that
non-profit internet streaming music services (such as any or all
college music radio) will have to pay royalties. This has the
potential to be disastrous for internet radio.
<http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/03/us_copyright_ro.html>

For me personally it means that I will no longer be able to listen to
some of my favorite radio because I am out of their radio signal
range. It also means that worldwide listeners to eclectic streams
will be out of luck.