[Infowarrior] - Thoughts on the JFK "terror" plot

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Jun 3 22:19:53 UTC 2007

Peering through the political rhetoric, this guy's blog entry sums up a
nearly-identical chat I had this morning with some security folks who
wondered the same thing....also noting that this seems to be just another
"aspirational" terrorist threat like the Miami cell, the Brooklyn Bridge
Blowtorcher, and others.  *facepalm*   -rf

Notice a pattern here?
by clammyc
Sun Jun 03, 2007 at 09:08:42 AM PDT

As the constant drumbeat of the colossally stupid "fighting them over there
so we don¹t have to fight them over here" and "we must be safer since we
haven¹t been attacked since 9/11" memes fail to fade from discourse, a
consistent pattern has emerged with respect to the "terror plots" (and I use
the quotes since some of these are absolutely absurd as far as true plots
go) which we are hearing about.

The latest one being the "alleged plot to destroy JFK airport" - it is yet
another reminder of a few very basic things:

< - >

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/6/3/12644/73257