[Infowarrior] - New patron-pager for moviegoers

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Jun 2 12:29:02 UTC 2007

(what's next, citizens' arrests for popcorn-throwing??   -rf)

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/06/01/silly_gadget_for_rep.html

Silly gadget for reporting bad picture, sound, and piracy at the movies

"Link goes to a news report on the 'Regal Guest Response System', a pager
system given to a random patron in 114 US cinemas (here's the media
release). The patron's device has four buttons on it:

1. Sound

2. Picture

3. Piracy

4. Other disturbance

"When they press the button, a staff member is alerted and responds
accordingly. Presumably #3 sends a call directly to the MPAA bat phone.

"That's hilarious corporation-oriented design, eh? Surely the moviegoer's
number one complaint is noisy neighbours, and yet it's bundled under 'other
disturbance'. Where¹s my button for Œthe guy next to me reeks¹ or ŒI paid
$11 for this jackalope turd?¹" Link