[Infowarrior] - Blog: SpamHaus - Irresponsible Net Citizens

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Jan 28 19:51:17 EST 2007

SpamHaus - Irresponsible Net Citizens

I think in general that spam blocking databases are a good thing. I am as
frustrated with spam as the next person. However, I think SpamHaus is
irresponsible in the service they provide for the simple reason that they
abuse their power and refuse to implement levels of granularity in their
database. For example, right now my organization the Terrorism Research
Center is being blocked by SpamHaus. We¹ve operated on the same single
static IP address for five years and we have never had a complaint against
our IP address with SpamHaus. So why are we being blocked? Because according
to SpamHaus we live in a bad Internet neighborhood and should be blocked
because another IP address in our same subnet sent a direct mailing for
Staples.  Instead of just blocking the IP address engaging in spamming, they
are blocking the whole subnet!

< - >

http://blog.devost.net/2007/01/28/spamhaus-irresponsible-net-citizens/