[Infowarrior] - RFI - Netgear router tech question

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jan 22 15:49:26 EST 2007

I installed a NETGEAR WNR834M 802.11x router early December to replace my
NETGEAR 802.11b router.

While it generally works okay, every now and then when surfing around, I'll
receive an error message that reads "Bad Request (Invalid Verb)"  and/or the
HTML connection simply will drop.  Or, the distant website will 'hiccup' and
then redirect me to the page I want to visit. The network link remains
functional, and I can surf elsewhere on the Net, but the connection to SITE$
(or a particular page inside SITE$) refuses to load.  I've poked around the
device and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Eg:

> Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:58:23 GMT
> Connection: close
>
> <h1>Bad Request (Invalid Verb)</h1>

Yet using other network connections (cellular or wired to my gateway) I have
no problems whatsoever when surfing --- hence I thnk the problem lies w/in
the NETGEAR device and how it handles web traffic.  But before I toss it for
another device, I figure to see if anyone's got any ideas.

Thx

-rf