[Infowarrior] - IO: The White House website is getting scrubbed?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Feb 26 23:06:58 EST 2007

(c/o Greg V.)

Interesting analysis.   Not the first organization to do this, corporate or
government, I'm sure.    -rf

(Updated) The White House website is getting scrubbed
by smintheus
Sun Feb 25, 2007 at 12:39:00 PM PST

On March 16, 2003 Dick Cheney went on Meet the Press. His absurd claims in
that interview have since become politically embarrassing to the White
House. For example, he declared...

    I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of
the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.

You won't any longer find a link to this transcript on the White House
website‹nor, indeed, are there links to most of Cheney's interviews from
before 2006. Don't believe me? Just do a search for that infamous sentence
at www.whitehouse.gov.

The WH website evidently has been busy scrubbing links to interviews and
perhaps other public appearances by top officials. The operation has
proceeded somewhat unevenly, though aggressively. Pretty clearly the WH
wants to make it much harder to research the administration's past
pronouncements, especially unscripted ones, and especially those pertaining
to Iraq.

< - >

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/2/25/153120/172