[Infowarrior] - OT: CBS Superbowl Coverage

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Feb 4 20:07:00 EST 2007

Aside from the fact that all "my" teams are in the NFC except Baltimore, I
knew there was a reason I didn't watch many AFC games on CBS this season.

CBS employs far too much whirring, whooshing, and cheezy computer noises for
my tastes during queues for replays and/or on-screen statistic displays, and
the onscreen graphic "zoom" used before/after replays practically evokes
nausea. Such on-air graphics and special effects remind me of website design
circa 1997 when everyone used every 'cool' trick they could learn about just
because they could -- ie, embedded MIDI audio or blink tags.  Watching
football on CBS is like viewing such webpages: painful.

Looking back at the 2006-07 season, I still say NBC, and then FOX, had the
best football coverage/presentation.  And less-annoying "theme" music, too.
:)

Go Bears!

-rf