[Infowarrior] - LiveJournal Says Users are Responsible for Content of Links

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu Aug 30 12:14:21 UTC 2007

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/29/2319240&from=rss

Today, LiveJournal management have demonstrated a serious lack of
understanding in how the internet works, declaring that users are
responsible for the content of the webpages that they link to in their blog
entries. A user points out the obvious flaw: "I get ToS'd because the link's
been redirected to a page full o' porn, even though context clearly shows
that when I originally put up the link that it didn't actually land on a
page of porn?" One wonders how such a long-established blogging company can
be so ignorant about the nature of the world wide web.

Link to more details:
http://liz-marcs.livejournal.com/288425.html