[Infowarrior] - Tech: How far we've come since 1993

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sat Aug 25 14:52:35 UTC 2007

Uncanny predictions, eh?  I remember these too....now I feel all old.  :)
----rf

(sent to Dave's IP list)

From: dewayne at warpspeed.com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: August 24, 2007 1:33:11 PM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy at warpspeed.com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] AT&T's 1993 "You Will" Ads

[Note:  I remember these.  Sort of interesting to checkout what they
were predicting then and how much of it has been realized today,
fourteen years later.  Sort of not so much.  One wonders whether or
not to be happy or sad about that.  BTW, the voice in those ads
belongs to Tom Selleck.  If you don't know who he is, then welcome to
one of the changes that fourteen years brings.  <g>  DLH]

AT&T 1993 "YOU WILL" ADS

    So, looking back at what technology was "futuristic" then, how much
is commonplace today?

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZb0avfQme8>