[Infowarrior] - OT: Can't we vote without a tally?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Aug 3 23:54:19 UTC 2007

> "The broken computers prompted protracted squabbles among lawmakers Friday
> afternoon. Rep. David Dreier (R-Calif.) questioned how they could vote if they
> were unable to see the usual tally. Lawmakers are accustomed to seeing how
> their colleagues are voting while they mull their own decision."
>
> Source:
>
> http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0807/Busted_computer_hamstrings_House.h
> tml

I used to work in the House, and I've seen all kinds of stuff over the
years, but give me a break. It's sad that a Congressperson is unable or
unwilling to vote their conscience, or based on how they feel.  Are our
elected leaders so afraid to vote their own way out of fear of angering
their political machine overlords? I think so.

Frankly I find this Congressperson's question a bit incredible ---- and yes,
I would say the same thing if a Democrat asked it, so please, DS, don't get
in a huff here, okay?)

-rf