[Infowarrior] - Google Info on removing info from their cache

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Apr 18 17:58:03 UTC 2007

Requesting removal of content from our index

Posted by Vanessa Fox

4/17/2007 04:04:00 PM

As a site owner, you control what content of your site is indexed in search
engines. The easiest way to let search engines know what content you don't
want indexed is to use a robots.txt file or robots meta tag. But sometimes,
you want to remove content that's already been indexed. What's the best way
to do that?

As always, the answer begins: it depends on the type of content that you
want to remove. Our webmaster help center provides detailed information
about each situation. Once we recrawl that page, we'll remove the content
from our index automatically. But if you'd like to expedite the removal
rather than wait for the next crawl, the way to do that has just gotten
easier.

< - >

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/04/requesting-removal-of-con
tent-from-our.html