[Infowarrior] - U.S. Internet gambling bill gets last-minute push

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Fri Sep 29 23:38:58 EDT 2006

You know, I think Congress should be prohibited from using the clause "and
for other purposes" in the official title of legislation -- eg, a bill for
ITEM$ would only contain ITEM$-related provisions. But that would increase
transparency and accountability and curtail how Congress works, so I guess
this idea probably is a non-starter.....sigh...rf

 U.S. Internet gambling bill gets last-minute push

By Peter Kaplan2 hours, 52 minutes ago

Most forms of Internet gambling would be banned under a tentative agreement
reached on Friday by U.S. congressional negotiators.

Pending a review by other lawmakers, the measure could be brought up within
hours for passage by the House of Representatives and Senate and then
forwarded to President George W. Bush to sign into law.

The measure would be attached to an unrelated measure to bolster port
security.

< - >

http://tinyurl.com/qjotd