[Infowarrior] - OT: "Original" unaltered Star Wars coming to DVD !

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Thu May 4 09:12:20 EDT 2006

(I consider this as partial compensation for Jake Lloyd, Jar Jar, and
horrible love scenes! -rf)

This September: Original Unaltered Trilogy on DVD
May 03, 2006
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html

[ doc_title ] Fans can look forward to a September filled with classic Star
Wars nostalgia, led by the premiere of LEGO Star Wars II: The Original
Trilogy video game and the long-awaited DVD release of the original
theatrical incarnations of the classic Star Wars trilogy.

Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc
releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each
release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie and, as
bonus material, the theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be
able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and
Jedi in 1983.

[ doc_title ] This release will only be available for a limited time: from
September 12th to December 31st. International release will follow on or
about the same day. Each original theatrical version will feature Dolby 2.0
Surround sound, close-captioning, and subtitles in English, French and
Spanish for their U.S. release. International sound and subtitling vary by
territory.

"Over the years, a truly countless number of fans have told us that they
would love to see and own the original version that they remember
experiencing in theaters," said Jim Ward, President of LucasArts and Senior
Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. "We returned to the Lucasfilm Archives to
search exhaustively for source material that could be presented on DVD. This
is something that we're very excited to be able to give to fans in response
to their continuing enthusiasm for Star Wars. Topping it off with a new
interactive adventure makes September 12 a red-letter day for Star Wars
fans."