[Infowarrior] - Google Patents Search opens

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Dec 13 21:18:03 EST 2006

Q. Where does this patent data come from?  A. All patents available through
Google Patent Search come from the United States Patent and Trademark Office
(USPTO). Patents issued in the United States are public domain government
information, and images of the entire database of U.S. patents are readily
available online via the USPTO website.

Q. What types of patents are available?  A. Google Patent Search covers the
entire collection of patents made available by the USPTO‹from patents issued
in the 1790s through those issued in the middle of 2006. We don¹t currently
include patent applications, international patents, or U.S. patents issued
over the last few months, but we look forward to expanding our coverage in
the future.

http://www.google.com/patents