[Infowarrior] - DHS hits parody site for "trademark" infringement

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Aug 28 12:18:32 EDT 2006

I recently received a letter from the Department of Homeland Security at
work asking us to change the graphics on our website ReallyReady.org. They
believe we have infringed on their ³intellectual property² because we used
logos and graphics that were similar to those used on their site. (That was
part of the point we were making) Their complaint was specifically that we
were using the grey word ³ready² with a green checkmark over it. I am
totally serious. That is what they spend their time on. One year after
Katrina and they still don¹t have a quality emergency preparedness website
for the public, but have time to quibble over who used their check mark and
the word ³ready.²

< - >

http://sexdrugsanddna.com/blog/?p=90