[Infowarrior] - "Mid Air Dinner Menu" is "Breaking News?" - idiocy!!

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Sun Aug 20 13:33:42 EDT 2006

This is the onscreen graphic for MSNBC at the moment, and the funniest thing
I've seen on television in a long time:

"BREAKING NEWS:  Ramsey suspect's mid-air dinner included pate and fried
prawns."

Truly, no detail is unimportant in the world of the 24-hour cable news
networks.   Please pardon my impertinence for saying this, but SO WHAT?
(FYI, he'll be landing at about 9PM tonight -- I'm sure MSNBC and others
will comment on how smoothly the plane hit the runway and what it might mean
for the case if there is a prolonged taxi to the gate.)

That said, for more astute insight into the developing MSM fiasco known a
"Jon Benet" check out Arianna's latest piece at:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/its-news-right_b_27571.html

But I think John Stewart said it best the other night:  War and terrorist
threats are all less important than a break in a 10 year old murder case.

And that's just sad.

-rf