[Infowarrior] - Why Lieberman's site is down

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Wed Aug 9 09:07:21 EDT 2006

CT-Sen: Why Lieberman's site is down
Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 12:38:27 PM PDT
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/8/8/153827/3493

Two posts down it's clear that Lieberman's website isn't suffering from a
Denial of Service attack.

But now I have the definitive answer as to why Lieberman's site went down.

They are paying $15/month for hosting at a place called MyHostCamp, with a
bandwidth limit of 10GB. MyHostCamp is currently down, along with all their
clients.

Here's the deal -- you get what you pay for. My hosting bill is now over $7K
per month. A smaller site doesn't need that much bandwidth, but if you're
paying $15 because your $12 million campaign is too freakin' cheap to pay
for quality hosting, then don't go blaming your opponent when your shitty
service goes out.

For their part, the Lamont campaign has offered its technical expertise to
get Lieberman's site back up (which could be done in an hour by a competent
sysadmin), and has added a link to the googlecached version of Lieberman's
site at the top of their blog.

One side is acting mature, the other is running around making baseless
accusations.

Update: Dan Gerstein, Lieberman spokesperson, admits they have no evidence
Lamont's campaign or his supporters are behind their website woes.

I'm telling you, it's down because they were too cheap to pay for quality
hosting. That's a lesson to all of you campaigns skimping on hosting. $15
won't cut it.

Update II: Joe's site shares one server with 73 other sites. They pay
$15/month for an overcrowded server, and then they blame others when it goes
down?