[Infowarrior] - More on "DMCA 2.0"

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Apr 24 20:48:00 EDT 2006

 The Bill the Hollywood cartels don¹t want you to see

Many of you have seen or heard about the new amendment to the DMCA being
sent to Congress by the Dep. of Justice. We've gotten a copy of the proposed
bill and it's worse than we could have imagined.

This is a concerted effort to escalate Hollywood's war on America by
creating a generation of criminals and sending them off to jail. That's
right: the "Intellectual Property Protection Act of 2006" (IPPA) would
double the authorized prison terms for existing copyright infringement,
create a host of new offenses, and establish a division within the FBI to
hunt down infringers. The Members of Congress in the pockets of the
Hollywood cartels want to divert $20 million a year and FBI agents from
fighting real criminals so they can go after people without computers.

<snip>

http://ipaction.org/blog/2006/04/bill-hollywood-cartels-dont-want-you_24.htm

The full bill is at:

http://ipaction.org/media/Draft_DOJ_IP_bill.pdf