[Infowarrior] - Abuses of surveillance cameras

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Apr 18 08:08:37 EDT 2006

Abuses of surveillance cameras
last update: 12 April 2006

We are told that surveillance cameras are never abused by their operators,
each of whom can supposedly be trusted not to use the awesome technology at
their disposal to engage in despicable or outright illegal behavior. But
this information is false: camera-operators are not angels; they are subject
to the same prejudices, temptations and corruptions that we all struggle
with; camera-operators get bored or arrogant and abuse their cameras on a
regular basis. To confirm this, one only has to keep up with the news being
reported from around the world, which is precisely what we plan to do here,
on this page, in chronological order. (Click here for a listing of protests
against surveillance cameras, and here for a listing of reports citing the
ineffectiveness of video surveillance as a "crime-fighting" tool.)

< snip >

http://www.notbored.org/camera-abuses.html