[fuckpoem] PV #60

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Wed Oct 20 03:20:30 EDT 2004

	       F U C K E D  U P  C O L L E G E  K I D S
                - t h e  p o e t r y  v e n t u r e -

	Inspiration is all around us, all the time. our emotions,
	our thoughts, and our imaginations all bring about
	words that swirl, flow and freeze into our hearts, into
	our minds eye and bring about new worlds waiting to be
	explored.

	If I Were Never Here

	If I were never here, this piece would not exist.
	I would not have felt the pleasure in receiving my first kiss.

	I would not have been tormented by the pain, for the loved ones that I miss.
	And I would not have to put up with all of my friends' stupid bullshit.

	I'd take back all the hateful things I said, and the awful things I've done.
	Maybe even tell that special someone that I was their only one.

	But the point is that I'm here, and there are things I cannot change, And
	how different would things really be, maybe they'd be the same.

	There are no fingers to point, and there are no people to blame.
	For the wrong things I've done in the past, I do truly feel shame.

	...This is reality, and I think I'm too afraid to hear...
	or see
	what it would be like, if I were not here.

	-damasa

	Computers
	You know ... age is a funny thing.  how it changes thoughts... ideas...
	consider for example the fact that I adore computers I love them, I am the
	hacker kid that idolized the kid in the grade higher than me that knew thow
	to do that thing he did with his commodore 64.  I named all of my machines
	and 'bout creamed the first time I saw a graphing calculator.  BAck then It
	wasn't *JUST* a computer IP hostmask, it was *your* machines NAME.
	There may have been faster machines with larger capacities for processing or
	Ram, but none of them had the character of "devastator" or worked just like
	yours because you yourself had made signifigant alterations to the operating
	system.  It was your toy, your friend, an escape and Spock all in one.  Now
	its a multimedia multimarketed, multifaceted, multiprocessing peice of shit
	you can't use but bought anyway.

	The Mo-man

	Delerium

 	         meaning it from somewhere i knew before
 	      healing it as i lay wounded soiled and gored
 	                pealed of all wisdom
 	               melted where i stood
 	             i found a goblet full of pride
 	                 a throne to reside
 	   i found a person sitting there in all the splendour of a
 	                  willowed bride
 	             i found her with deception
 	           in a carved out dense reception
 	            i called my hand quite stolen
 	          without a narrow barrow or face
 	           i felt a silted melon a godly place
 	                  it was but one
 	            a place for fun where we run
 	                  i slept in there
 	                 in there so deep
 	            until i woke nor did not speak
 	           i shamed it for a bastion mellow
 	                  a purple wing
 	                  a single arrow
 	                 people gone now
		singing healed and fallow from a weary fellow
	            a fellow of long hair description
	                  i fell over my feet
	                 my kitchen severed
	                 and toilet complete
	            i raised my head began my feet
	 only now i see with knowledge of what it is or what i want
	               i see it clear i see it now
	             falling from a ledge or bough
	              i hear a cry a crack of whip
	              a seared tear of golden lent
	         your pasture grown from nothing more
	                  i fall down now
	                    i fall and cry
	             screams from heart from soul
	                     from eye
	              i cast my passion with no lie
	                  once i heard you
        	   once i tried i got so close but now
        	             ive died!
        	  its not my nature you know that true
        	    its not my face or tell from view
        	         i cant help i cant say
		you know it now so why you stay?
        	         Lost in my insides
        	    plotting and scheming my way
        	           i wonder aloud
        	          you hear me not
        	for i have become something within a knot
        	             i twisted
        	            a bloted tie
        	  a scavenged fear drenched felled sky
        	         up inside an airship
        	     my mind soars around its sting
        	           i hear the man
        	         they talk in riddles
        	   fingers broken like autumn willows
        	           jeers from you
        	           likened to hate
        	    a fallen fallow from yonder gate
        	        now when i say why?
        	      ill seer it all ill know your lie
        	      when i get this way in state
        	       of deliruim i hear my soul
        	          but to fast for me
        	   to fast it goes i cant catch it quick
		 i steady myself as it flashes its brick
 	 upon a mountain side i sang the birds around me twisting
 	             and floating in the air below
 	         hanging motionless without a gallows
 	            no suport nor motion narrow.
 	        like bats on a string held without a hand
 	             i laugh again i laugh so hard
 	         the tears roll now without there scar
 	             getting close but still...So far
 	              i hear a final horn sound
 	               so distant from the car.
 	   Leaping tree like across the fields of strange ideas of
 	                  strange ideals.
 	                I leapt i leap again
 	             now i fall from canopy rain
 	            soaring halted guested felled.
 	  Lost in shocked and ghosted head i try to stop but still it
 	                      pours
 	             my morning nonsense from
 	                 my mind tonight
 	               i felt it grow i felt it still
 	          a group inside me for you like gold
 	              felled from forest heater
			i go now ill be back
	              some time i havent decided
	                  goodbye for now
	                this poem is resided!

	Euan Bingham

	I wish that I could hate you
	Maybe then the pain would go away
	I wish I didn’t miss you
	and all the things you don’t say
	I wish I could tell you
	where this aching void came from
	I wish I could send it back there
	and enjoy my life
	I wish I could enjoy the happiness
	and the smiles that he brings
	Without thinking of the past
	and of best forgotten things
	I wish you were half the person
	my memory wants you to be
	I wish you would go away
	and just let me be.

	-kbh

	For Some Reason
	---------------

	When it comes time,
	for comfort, feeling
	safe and loved -
	I find haven in those
	people, places, and things
	that remind me of you.

	Deciding which design
	to buy, there's this one
	that reminds me of you.

	Not sure why, you never
	mentioned the colors
	or the patterns and infact,
	you probably would hate it.

	But for some reason,
	it calms me, reminding me
	of you and that in which we share.

	For some reason the symbols
	that don't really mean anything,
	amount to a larger skeme
	which still just show a large pattern.

	Maybe it's because our past
	does the same.
	Just facts and myths of times gone,
	not really amounting to anything - but us.

	Walking down the rows and rows of
	products, there's a color, a picture,
	something that makes me think of you.
	Somehow reminding me of something to do.

	Reaching for a phone,
	I pick it up to dial,
	only setting it down again,
	for just one more hour.

	When that hour passes,
	I still have not called,
	and you still do matter.

	Something holds me back,
	keeping me from that pact.
	Or maybe it's that vow,
	from so many years from now.

	Sometimes I wonder,
	and find myself wandering,
	the halls of empty paths.

	Getting out and reaching,
	is the first step in teaching.
	Yet, I here I am, you there,
	and I am here.

	For if I were to do more,
	then you would lose the score,
	and then there would be nothing.

	Here I sit, writing out
	patterns, only annoying myself,
	and denying you.

	So with that, I close this piece,
	and hopefully find some sort of peace.
	Really, though, I know I will just
	end up filling more pages.

	It's a puzzle that's within me,
	that you somehow can put together,
	but the desire to do so, is long gone.
	Or maybe it's the fact - that I am.

	- Kamira
	(c) Copyright September 30, 2001 - Sunday

	emotions, too many to share,
	one would not have me here.
	looking at a half full glass
	that is now in the past.

	the emptiness has now subside
	lonliness going out with the tide.
	not before it washed ashore
	a tiny bundle to adore.

	Blaise.
	(sorry can't help my inspiration at the moment.
	no matter how i start it always comes back to this.)

        E D I T O R:  geekgrl at attrition.org
        to receive new issues via e-mail, send mail to
        fuckpoem-request at attrition.org with "subscribe" in the
	subject.
        A V A I L A B I L I T Y:

        WWW:        http://www.attrition.org/~poetry
        S U B M I S S I O N S:

        e-mail geekgrl at attrition.org with the subject: Poetry submission
        all e-mails that are not in a ascii text format will be rejected.