[Dataloss] what do you think of a dataloss workshop?

James Ritchie, CISA, QSA james_ritchie at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 29 16:55:43 UTC 2008

Besides adding a section on business governance and their fiduciary
responsibility and how it relates to protecting data assets within their
perimeter Maybe we can have a workshop on creating a certification that
could address all compliance issues.  When they build boats, they all
have to meet US Coast Guard regulations and inspections.  The NMMA
certification exceeds Coast Guard requirements  and is a non-profit org.
Is it possible to bring together one certification that can  bring in
legal, regulatory, contractual, and internal compliance while creating
baseline security that should address all issues?