[Dataloss] time to name names (was Re: MORE BNY (Mellon Corp)Tape s lost)

DAIL, WILLARD A ADAIL at sunocoinc.com
Sat Jun 7 00:17:15 UTC 2008

As a legitimate company, the street value of an identity is meaningless, unless one plans to sell identities.

Executives and Risk Managers need to focus on the regulatory and punitive damage costs of a breach.       Who cares if a full identity goes for $20 if you'll end up paying $125 for losing it?

The only use I have ever found for the data is to illustrate a thief's financial incentive to attack a given system, while attempting to justify hardening it.