[Dataloss] Fringe: e-banking not yet secure

macwheel99 at wowway.com macwheel99 at wowway.com
Fri Jul 25 05:14:53 UTC 2008

Here is link to "Analyzing Web sites for user-visible security design flaws"
by 3 authors: The professor & 2 graduate students.
http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/2008/proceedings/p117Falk.pdf

The financial institutions that they studied
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/laura/webusability/websites.html

This paper is to be presented at the Symposium on Usable Privacy and
Security (SOUPS) meeting at Carnegie Mellon University July 25.
http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/2008/

According to this other article, the study was done in 2006. Presumably (we
would hope) some of the financial institutions have since upgraded their
sites. http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-07/uom-sfi072208.php

Relevant links here. http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/209600041

I originally saw the link on e-com sec & thought it also belonged on Data
Loss, and Linked-In's Security before Implementation (I have not yet posted
it there). http://packetfocus.com/proactive/index.php

Al Macintyre
Jack of all trades, master of some

security curmudgeon wrote