[Dataloss] Admin: General mail list stuff

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sat Jan 19 06:09:23 UTC 2008

Hi all,

First, welcome to all of the new subscribers to the Data Loss Mail List.
We hope you find some good information and discussion about loss and/or
theft of personal information.  A few quick items for everyone:

1.  If you subscribed to this mail list and wish to be removed, please
visit:

http://attrition.org/security/dataloss.html

2. Discussion is welcome and encouraged.  With over 1,000 subscribers,
there will be some cross-talk on occasion.  If you wish to respond to
someone's post directly, please mail them directly and don't CC the entire
list unless you want the entire list to see your response.

P.S.  Also feel free to not CC me on any posts to the list.  I get them
anyway. :)

3.  If you respond to a post to the list, please trim off excessive
footers (i.e. sig files or the dataloss mail list and tenable footers)
when you can.  8K of a response is perfectly fine... unless 5.5K of that
is a quoted footer.

4.  This is touchy, but if your post either a) isn't topical, or b) ends
up in attrition.org's spam filter, it won't get approved.  We get
literally hundreds of spam emails a day, so if your post ends up in our
filter, oops, sorry, deleted.  Nothing personal.

Please send any questions, comments, or concerns to lyger at attrition.org.
If I don't respond within three business days, you can assume that I've
been hit by a very large mass transportation vehicle and can then mail
staff at attrition.org

Thanks,

Lyger