[Dataloss] Amerchoice, Lost CD, 67000 Affected

Evan Francen evan.francen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:37:24 UTC 2007

http://breachblog.com/2007/09/12/amerchoice-lost-cd-67000-affected.aspx

Breach Description:
A compact disc (CD) containing confidential member information was
shipped from the Americhoice office in Nashville to another
Americhoice office in Knoxville.  The CD was lost in transit and the
data on it was not encrypted.

"According to AmeriChoice, on July 19 a single CD was sent overnight
by UPS from its office in Nashville to Knoxville. But it didn't make
it."

"We regret that this occurred, certainly, and we do take the privacy
and security of our member's personal information very seriously. And
we have taken steps that we believe will prevent this kind of
occurrence from happening again," AmeriChoice Vice President of Public
Relations Steven Matthews explains."